Friday, December 3, 2010

Need You Now

To my White Knight,

            You have yet to come and rescue me (a.k.a. the damsel in distress) from my lonely existence.  I must conclude that since you have yet to show up, you must not be coming. I have to ask myself, where you might be. There are no dragons to slay. Only one task you must complete, scale the wall that protects my heart. It won’t be easy I will give you that. I have built the wall so high and so thick that anyone not up to the challenge will fail.
            And yet, even with my heart so guarded, I find myself vulnerable. For there is one, that has braved the wall and somehow surpassed it with ease.  It built its own way out, and it comes and goes as it pleases. It has a name…Loneliness. It is a dreadful foe that keeps my heart and mind captive. I need you to find me, and soon. I fight off loneliness, but I only the have the strength to do so for certain periods of time. When I am weak  though, I succumb to feeling alone. I cry when I know that no one is looking. I feel depressed, and I find myself realizing that nobody cares.
            Everyone has their own life to worry about. They may ask what is wrong, but I can never bring myself to tell them. Why? I have no one to confide in, no one to truly comfort me, and no one to hold me when I cry. And it is all because you are not here. Sometimes I think I catch a glimpse of you. I think, maybe you have come at last, but then I realized that the person in front of me has their own damsel to save  and my search for you starts all over again.
            Must I resign to playing the silly games that all the other girls play, because if I must you are not worth my time. I hate the games, I always have. You are supposed to fight for me… remember. I have lost my strength for the time being and loneliness has come in your place.

Please save me.

Your Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment